MEETING THE CHALLENGES OF CONSENT & COMPLIANCE
Computer-based patient record systems combined with increased government regulations have created a need for healthcare organizations to look at consent, compliance, confidentiality and security as a systematic, ongoing program. This workshop will provide a detailed overview of the risk management and operational issues associated with privacy compliance.
- Differences and distinctions between different types of consent
- Special consent scenarios and implied consent
- Identifying risks related to improper privacy management
- Establishing an effective privacy management program
- Adopting best privacy practices for effective risk management
- Monitoring, auditing and reporting privacy practice