This course is part of the Certificate in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) from Open Learning at the University of Guelph in conjunction with the Ontario Association of Schoo Business Officials (OASBO) Access and privacy legislation has impacted the ICT services within today's technology environment. This workshop provides participants with knowledge of legislation and its impact on data access and privacy implications on technology systems. Participants will learn how to facilitate the implementation of privacy and access to information stragtegies to ensure end-user complicance. Topics includes:
- Foundations of Privacy and Information Management
- Access and Privacy Legislation (FIPPA, MFIPPa, Education Act, IPC, etc.)
- Data and Information Management
- Information Protection/Operational Control
- Risk Management
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe applicable access and privacy legislation.
- Design and control the basic components of a privacy information management system.
- Develop protection practices and policies and formalize operational controls on information.
- Identify and control risks associated with new systems designs, business process re-engineering, privacy impact assessments and privacy breaches.